1) Failure to call the school prior to 8:00 am on the day of absence will result in a student detention.
2) Failure to hand in a letter signed by an authorized parent/guardian upon return to school will result in a student detention.
Each year families are required to complete a medication consent form for each child, indicating whether or not their daughter may receive medication. There are 3 medications that we have available for students; acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and Benadryl.
At any time during the school year that the student requires prescription medication (antibiotics, cough medicine, etc.), a doctor’s note is required and must be presented to the school’s health office. If you have any questions, you may call our school nurse at 718-863-9134, ext. 129.
Preston offers various field trips, retreats, etc. Here is the consent form that must be completed and signed by a parent in order for the student to participate.
All students must have a complete physical examination prior to entering Preston High School
- For incoming Freshmen, physicals must be dated within 12 months of September of the academic year.
- New York State requires immunizations for entrance into High School (listed on physical examination form)
- Proof of those immunizations is required for entrance into Preston
- Approval for physical activity is required by a physician in order to participate in Physical Education
This is the only physical your daughter will need for the next four years for school and physical education.
However, in order to participate in sports, a physical and clearance by a physician is required EVERY year. Please remember that the sport season includes tryouts.
The Preston uniform is one symbol of the unity, respect, and pride of the school community. Appearance reflects professionalism and positive self-image. The uniform reflects that attitude by its neatness, cleanliness, appropriate length of skirts, and proper fit.
Liebman's Children's Clothing, located on 510 Main Street, New Rochelle, NY 10801, is our official school uniform provider.
Click on "School Uniform" above to obtain the order form and pricing.
Working papers for Preston students are valid for lawful employment of a minor 14-17 years of age enrolled in day school when attendance is not required. Please click on Working Papers Application for general information, hours of employment, prohibited employment and the application.