Please note: If you did not take the TACHS exam in November 2020, and are interested in applying to our school, you may register for the Preston High School Entrance Exam. In addition to the exam, have your current school submit your applicant record. Complete the top portion (section A) and submit to your school counselor/teacher.
When: Rolling - please call 718-863-9134 ext131 to register
Time: 9:00 am
Where: Virtual - link with instructions will be emailed upon Entrance Exam registration.
Registration link: PrestonHigh School Entrance Exam
Applicant record must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Prospective Freshman - Class of 2026
In order to facilitate the Admissions process, please follow the steps below.
1. Please complete and mail to PHS the Application for Admission, due December 3rd, 2021. You can download the application HERE, or you can call the admission's office to request one be mailed to you. All prospective students are also encouraged to pick up their copy in person. Please note that in order to be considered for any academic scholarship, we must receive an application.
2. Please register to take the Test for Admission into Catholic High Schools (TACHS) scheduled for Friday November 5, 2021. To register, or for more information on how to register, visit www.tachsinfo.com or call their toll free number at 1-866-618-2247. All students who would like to be considered for admission into Preston must take this test.
3. Once you have registered to take the test, you will be sent a registration packet, which includes general information about the test, testing sites, and necessary forms to complete and return. When completing these forms, list Preston High School (our code is #219) as your first choice. Your test scores will automatically be sent to all three schools, indicating to them your interest in attending.
4. Attend Preston High School’s Open Houses (click here for Open House dates). All interested students and their families are welcome to visit.
5. Take the TACHS test on November 5, 2021. PHS code is 219
6. In order to complete your application to Preston, we must be sent the student’s Applicant Record, which includes her sixth, seventh, and first quarter eighth grade transcript, along with standardized test scores and the attendance record. Elementary schools in the Archdiocese of New York automatically forward the official Applicant Record to the three high schools selected by the candidate. Students enrolled in other public or private schools should download a copy of the Applicant Record form from the TACHS exam website www.tachsinfo.com or call the TACHS office to request a copy be mailed to you. The Applicant Record form must be completed by the elementary school official and mailed or faxed directly to Preston on the student’s behalf. All Applicant Records must be submitted to Preston by December 17, 2021.
7. All Applicant Records and TACHS exam scores are reviewed and eligible candidates are selected. Scholarships are awarded to applicants with highly exemplary TACHS scores and distinguished elementary school records. Notification of acceptance and of scholarship awards will be mailed and emailed to each student by the 2nd week of January.