Prospective Freshman - Class of 2028
In order to facilitate the Admissions process, please follow the steps below.
1. Please complete and mail to PHS the Application for Admission, due December 1, 2023. You can download the application HERE, or you can call the admission's office to request one be mailed to you. All prospective students are also encouraged to pick up their copy in person. Please note that in order to be considered for any academic scholarship, we must receive an application.
2. Please register to take the Test for Admission into Catholic High Schools (TACHS) scheduled for Friday November 3, 2023. To register, or for more information on how to register, visit www.tachsinfo.com or call their toll free number at 1-866-618-2247. All students who would like to be considered for admission into Preston must take this test.
3. Once you have registered to take the test, you will be sent a registration packet, which includes general information about the test, testing sites, and necessary forms to complete and return. When completing these forms, list Preston High School (our code is #219) as your first choice. Your test scores will automatically be sent to all three schools, indicating to them your interest in attending. In order to be considered for an academic scholarship, you must list Preston as a 1st or 2nd choice.
4. Attend Preston High School’s Open Houses (click here for Open House dates). All interested students and their families are welcome to visit.
5. Take the TACHS test on November 3, 2023. PHS code is 219
6. In order to complete your application to Preston, we must be sent the student’s Applicant Record, which includes her sixth, seventh, and first quarter eighth grade transcript, along with standardized test scores and the attendance record. Elementary schools in the Archdiocese of New York automatically forward the official Applicant Record to the three high schools selected by the candidate. Students enrolled in other public, charter or private schools should download a copy of the Applicant Record form or visit the TACHS website www.tachsinfo.com. The Applicant Record form must be completed by the elementary school official and mailed or faxed directly to Preston on the student’s behalf. All Applicant Records must be submitted to Preston by December 13, 2023.
7. All Applicant Records and TACHS exam scores are reviewed and eligible candidates are selected. Scholarships are awarded to applicants with highly exemplary TACHS scores and distinguished elementary school records. Notification of acceptance and of scholarship awards will be mailed and emailed to each student by January 17th.